Topics and Speakers
The 2016 conference is all about patients and their families. The conference program, with details will be available soon.
Topics will include:
- Developing positive self-identity with bladder exstrophy
- Effectively engaging with medical providers throughout life
- Appreciating and promoting resiliency in individuals and families affected by bladder exstrophy
- The patient experience: what patients want doctors to know!
- Advocating for patients and families: why it’s important and how to do it
- Ask the doctors and other experts: your questions answered
- Research updates
- And more!
Speakers will include:
- Brad Kropp, MD, Pediatric Urologist, Division of Pediatric Urology, OU Children’s Physicians
- William Reiner, MD, Pediatric Urologist, Division of Pediatric Urology, University of Oklahoma Children’s Physicians
- Barbara Neilson, MSW, RES. Dip.S.W., RSW, Clinical Social Worker, Pediatric Urology, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Brittany Freeman and Thomas Exler, adults with bladder exstrophy
- Cindy Coney, Ambassador of Hope and Resiliency
- Diane Price LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Department of Urology, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Doug Canning, MD, Chief of the Division of Urology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- John Gearhart, MD, Professor and Director of Pediatric Urology at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
- Antoine Khoury, MD, Chief of Pediatric Urology, Children’s Hospital of Orange County and Children’s Urology Center, University of California-Irvine Medical Center
- Primod Reddy, MD, Chief of Pediatric Urology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Pamela Block, Executive Director, Association for the Bladder Exstrophy Community